[tor-relays] log message: [WARN] Failing because we have X connections already.

David S ds at bitmail.cc
Tue Sep 27 19:31:47 UTC 2016

Hi Helmut,

Thank you very much for the helpful reply. Indeed it is OpenVZ which is
the limiting factor. I'm limited to 1360 tcp sockets. Here are the
entries from /proc/user_beancounters where failcnt > 0 (the last column):

	numtcpsock 1277 1360 1360 1360 99386
	tcprcvbuf 9230648 11782776 11720320 12703360 687422
	lockedpages 3 4096 4096 4096 47122

Long term, i'll provide use a different provider (with KVM). Short term
i'm trying out different options to migitate the problem:

	ConstrainedSockets 1

Next up, I'm thinking of reducing the TCP timeout value, or similar.

Greetings,
David