[tor-relays] Arm connection page shown as empty for one particular node

Ralph Seichter tor-relays-ml at horus-it.de
Sun Sep 25 18:06:54 UTC 2016

On 25.09.16 19:09, Damian Johnson wrote:

> arm simply shells out to netstat, lsof, and other commands to get
> connection information. You can run these commands yourself to
> troubleshoot why they don't work...

It looks like the commands run in the background to determine open
connections do not return results when run as the 'tor' user, but only
on this particular node.

For example, "lsof -wnPi" (as logged in ~/.arm/log) returns no results
when manually run as 'tor'. Specifically, the "i" option causes the
result set to be empty. Running "lsof -wnPi" as 'root' returns the
expected results.

Seems like a permission problem, but how to fix it? I verified that
/proc/{tor-process-id}/fdinfo and all files therein are readable by the
'tor' user.

-Ralph