[tor-relays] Rampup speed of Exit relay

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Fri Sep 23 09:28:00 UTC 2016

>> > I'd say just run more instances if you still have resources left and
>> > want to contribute more bw.
>> > (obviously also your exit policy influences on how much your instance
>> > is
>> > used)
> Mainly, I want to scale up a single exit first, before I start adding
> more resources.

As Aeris, teor and me tried to explain, this is _not_ about "adding more
resources", but since you keep ignoring that it is a bit pointless to
state that over and over again.

teor gave some rather comprehensive answers and has said pretty much
anything relevant I guess.

In the end it should be about optimizing exit bandwidth cost (many
MBit/s for fewer $) no matter how many tor processes it requires to get
the most out of your hardware, number of available IPs and uplink
connectivity.

> It might well be that I've missed something, some tuning I should have
> remembered ( Like increasing the conntrack hash table size )

I'm not sure I would run a stateful firewall on an dedicated exit server
at all.
https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server