[tor-relays] Rampup speed of Exit relay

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Thu Sep 22 10:08:47 UTC 2016

> Scaling up on more hardware is always an option, but I really want to
> push the limit of the exit node, as the others won't be exits (Local
> network design, really) , and exit traffic is always more
> interesting.

When I say another instance, it’s on the same hardware.
Because Tor is not fully multi-thread/multi-core, you have to run another Tor
daemon on the same host to use 1 more CPU core and so drain another
150-300Mbps.
Currenly, you can start up to 2 Tor daemons per IP, there is a limitation to
avoid Sybil attack.

Regards,
--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group self-radicalized on the digital Internet

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/