[tor-relays] Caching new entry debian-tor...

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:29:29 UTC 2016

> On 21 Sep 2016, at 22:46, Tristan <supersluether at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, according to this question I asked on Tor's StackExchange, version 0.2.4.26 is still technically in the recommended consensus.

And it will be the next to go, likely when the next directory authority's details change, or a serious security issue is discovered.

> At any rate, running an older version is better for diversity, isn't it?

Sort of, but the accumulated security fixes and performance improvements in later versions tend to outweigh the benefit of running a really old version. You'd actually contribute more to Tor's diversity by running 0.2.6, and even 0.2.7 isn't the most common version any more.

Tim