[tor-relays] DigitalOcean pricing

Ralph Seichter tor-relays-ml at horus-it.de
Tue Sep 13 11:00:24 UTC 2016

On 13.09.2016 12:34, Michael Armbruster wrote:

> You all did read my message that Debian can be converted to Arch Linux
> on DigitalOcean, right?

Duly noted (speaking for myself only, of course).

> That would leave you with bleeding edge software as you know it from
> Gentoo.

I checked https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en before settling
with Debian Jessie. Using the newest stable Tor was my major concern, as
Jessie comes with Tor 0.2.5.x, if I remember correctly. Getting packages
from deb.torproject.org solves this. Beyond that I am mostly concerned
with things like OpenSSL, where "cutting edge" is an important issue. I
haven't used Debian for a long time, so I'll have to do some digging.

-Ralph