[tor-relays] Moving multiple instances to another VPS

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Sep 11 20:06:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thanks for running exits!

Pay attention that each instance has its own datadirectory, this means
you need to have multiple 'keys' subdirectories depending on the number
of your instances. Usually /var/lib/tor should contain some subfolders
like 1, 2 or instance1, instance2, whatever and each containing another
subfolder with the related keys for each instance.

So you need to make sure you backup and move the keys for all instances.
There's no problem if you copy the entire directory, as long as the keys
are there, Tor will just overwrite the expired cached/consensus data.