[tor-relays] Tor and Diplomatic Immunity

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Wed Sep 7 07:39:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-06 11:29, Green Dream wrote:
> The whole idea doesn't sit right with me.
>
> For one, I'm not sure I'd want any more Five Eyes entities running
> Exit nodes. Most embassies are already a haven for espionage activity.
> You'd pretty much have to assume they'd be sniffing the exit traffic.

All the more reason to add a bunch of unrelated and unimportant traffic
like a Tor exit node.

If you only shred your Top Secret documents, every piece of shredded
paper is potentially a secret to an interested party, but if you mix in
tons of unrelated material, it adds a whole ton of noise.

For the same reason that libraries often stand up for our rights, I'd
hope embassies would also consider using their resources and unique
legal position to stand up for rights that "we" believe in.

However, whether they do or not, is unknown to me.