[tor-relays] tor-relays Digest, Vol 68, Issue 14

jensm1 jensm1 at bbjh.de
Sun Sep 4 16:15:02 UTC 2016

To change your mailing-list preferences, you can simply visit
https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-relays. On the
other hand, you can also stay with the digest, if you don't plan on
posting here regularly.

Setting up a relay can be a lot of work, especially if you've never done
it before. If you really want to do it, don't give up! You're probably
almost there, since your relay is running and shown on Atlas. If you
tell me the name of your relay and/or send me your full torrc, I might
be able to help you with the remaining problems. Don't feel bad for
asking questions and help, we all had to start at some point.

> On the Atlas page I did see when I did a search it had found me but I
> did not linke what I saw meaning location, ip address and provider.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is the info wrong? Or is the fact,
that this info is publically available a problem for you?

> As for the info on the proxy that is greek to me too. I usually use a
> vpn service for everything else but tor does not let that happen for me.

 I'm also not sure I understand what your problem is, and what a VPN has
to do with that. Are you using a VPN to access the internet? If so, what
is the reason for that?

>  Im not going to have the us law officles beating on my door.

If you don't run an exit, they will most certainly not come to you.

I think it's best to take this conversation off the list for now, since
this doesn't concern most relay-operators anymore, but feel free to
message me directly, I'm happy to help you with your questions and problems!

Jens