[tor-relays] #torstrike

Kenneth Freeman kencf0618 at riseup.net
Thu Sep 1 01:03:21 UTC 2016

On 08/31/2016 04:39 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On 8/31/16, Green Dream <greendream848 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well said grarpamp.
>>
>>> there are plenty of other already existing, interesting, and
>>> upcoming anonymous overlay networks for transporting IP, messaging,
>>> storage and so on.
>>
>> Mind sharing some names here so I can research further?
>
> Well, regarding recent threads...
>
> There's the IndependentOnion / RotorBrowser / Rotor project.
> See the links and audio below for more info on how the latter is
> beginning to take shape and unfurl its own sails.

Flash proxy may be of some utility here, although to the best of my
knowledge it is not in wide use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_proxy

As for the burgeoning of anonymity networks other than Tor, it'll be
interesting to see what level of interest law enforcement organs take in
them, if any. To me it seems to be a bit late in the day for a Cambrian
Explosion -let a thousand anonymity networks bloom and see where it gets
you.