[tor-relays] IP address change

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:34:02 UTC 2016

> On 24 Oct. 2016, at 23:12, balbea16 <balbea16 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi There
> My ISP changes my IP address about every 24 hours. It takes 10 minutes until my tor server recognises this, and an hour until all usual connections are reestablished. How can I speed this up?

The tor directory authorities vote on relays every hour.
There is no way to speed this up.

> Does it help to use a DNS?

No, Tor uses your IP address.

> To pay for a static address is not an option.
> Any ideas? Thank you. Mike

I'm sorry, this is just how Tor is designed.
But you are still contributing to the network.

You could try renting a cheap server in a data centre.
Most of them offer static IP addresses.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com