[tor-relays] Linux kernel vulnerability

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Sun Oct 23 08:15:00 UTC 2016

> Would it be acceptable to configure unattended-upgrades to automatically
> reboot the system when required? I already have it configured to check for
> and install all updates to Ubuntu and Tor once a day, but I still need to
> manually reboot to apply kernel upgrades.

I think

Unattended-Upgrade::Automatic-Reboot "true";

is a good practice for (lazy) tor servers operators to keep running
patched kernels automatically, since automation usually reduces the time
until the system is patched (and if necessary rebooted) - even if the
operator does not follow security announce mailing lists.