[tor-relays] CentOS 7 Packages

nusenu nusenu at openmailbox.org
Sun Oct 23 06:58:00 UTC 2016

> I have one relay on CentOS 6 and one on CentOS 7.  The one running CentOS 7
> hasn't had the 0.2.8.8 update yet and so is still running 0.2.8.7.  The one
> running CentOS 6 has had the latest update.

by "latest update" you mean 0.2.8.9?

Where do you get your tor packages from?

If you got tor v0.2.8.9 on CentOS 6 before
2016-10-22 20:50:29 (UTC)
than your package source is not epel(-testing).

> Is there a problem with getting CentOS 7 packages out?
>
> How much of a problem is this?  Both now and in the future?

It usually takes about a week to get a new release into the epel-testing
repo and another 2 weeks for the epel (stable) repo.

If you want to get the current latest tor release (0.2.8.9) now you can
temporarily enable the epel-testing repo - if you don't want to enable
it generally:

yum install --enablerepo=epel-testing tor

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-2f6f1435ed
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-f0f6483aa7