[tor-relays] Linux kernel vulnerability

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 00:02:21 UTC 2016

Would it be acceptable to configure unattended-upgrades to automatically
reboot the system when required? I already have it configured to check for
and install all updates to Ubuntu and Tor once a day, but I still need to
manually reboot to apply kernel upgrades.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Petrusko <petrusko at riseup.net> wrote:

> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-5195
>
> Remember,
> to know your current debian linux kernel : uname -a
>
> If your kernel is not up to date :
> apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
>

> I :
> > Dirty COW (CVE-2016-5195) is a privilege escalation vulnerability in the
> Linux Kernel
> >
> > http://dirtycow.ninja/
>
> --
> Petrusko
> PubKey EBE23AE5
> C0BF 2184 4A77 4A18 90E9 F72C B3CA E665 EBE2 3AE5

Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether