[tor-relays] Linux kernel vulnerability

Jesse V kernelcorn at torproject.org
Sat Oct 22 02:26:56 UTC 2016

On 10/21/2016 06:23 PM, Tristan wrote:
> And?
>
> Honestly, the way people create names and websites for these things,
> you'd think it's a fund-raiser for something, not a critical security bug.

Tristan, they know this. They are even good-natured enough to make fun
of it themselves. From http://dirtycow.ninja/

> What's with the stupid (logo|website|twitter|github account)?

> It would have been fantastic to eschew this ridiculousness, because we
all make fun of branded vulnerabilities too, but this was not the right
time to make that stand. So we created a website, an online shop, a
twitter account, and used a logo that a professional designer created.

The point is, please check for the latest kernel patches for your
relay's Linux distribution. Each effort to harden and secure your relay
strengthens the entire network.

--
Jesse