[tor-relays] I think I my relay is broken

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Oct 17 04:39:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 12:31:06AM -0400, Tamara West wrote:
>  x 23:13:17 [WARN] Your server (207.172.253.216:80) has not managed to confirm
>  x   that its DirPort is reachable. Relays do not publish descriptors until
>  x   their ORPort and DirPort are reachable. Please check your firewalls,
>  x   ports, address, /etc/hosts file, etc.

This part looks the important part. When I try to reach
207.172.253.216:80, it looks like it's firewalled.

Is this the right IP address? Is your ORPort reachable? Is your
DirPort the one you wanted it to be?

If you think you set up a hole in the firewall correctly, but port
80 still isn't getting through, try picking a higher port -- ISPs
like Comcast and RCN have a habit of firewalling incoming ports for
all of their customers, "for their own security" or "to keep them from
running services" or whatever their reasoning is this time.

--Roger