[tor-relays] I think I my relay is broken

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 04:38:40 UTC 2016

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 15:31, Tamara West <sinister.hama at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Earlier today I installed my relay and thought everything was good. Now looking at the arm I no longer think so.
>
> (1) Events (TOR/ARM NOTICE - ERR):
>  x 23:07:41 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to prepopulate bandwidth information (insuffic-
>  x   ient uptime)

This is a normal notice for new relays.

>  x 23:07:41 [ARM_WARN] The torrc differs from what tor's using. You can issue a
>  x   sighup to reload the torrc values by pressing x.
> qj   - torrc value differs on line: 3

What is on line 3 of your torrc?
It would help if you sent us your entire torrc.

> (2) Events (TOR/ARM NOTICE - ERR):
>  x 23:13:17 [WARN] Your server (207.172.253.216:80) has not managed to confirm
>  x   that its DirPort is reachable. Relays do not publish descriptors until
>  x   their ORPort and DirPort are reachable. Please check your firewalls,
>  x   ports, address, /etc/hosts file, etc.

Your relay's DirPort is not reachable from the outside.
So it won't join the tor network.

What is the configured Address in your torrc?
Is it 207.172.253.216?
Is 207.172.253.216 the public IPv4 address of your relay?

What is the configured DirPort of your relay?
Does port 80 on 207.172.253.216 map to port 80 on your relay?
(if you are behind a NAT)

> qj 23:07:41 [ARM_NOTICE] Unable to prepopulate bandwidth information (insuffic-
>
> If I hit x twice to reload the values it only seems to refresh for the moment but when I restart it's back to the errors.
>
> Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Tell us what you think the issue is, and what you've tried doing to fix it.
Then we can be more helpful.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n