[tor-relays] Smallest, cheapest, lightest computer for tor relay

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 19:25:59 UTC 2016

The Raspberry Pi 2 runs Tor just fine, but I have no idea what speeds you
can expect since my upload is only 1Mbps. I was using Raspbian Jessie with
the official Tor repos. Once everything was installed and set up, the
system could literally just sit on a shelf with power and ethernet and be
completely fine.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Tamara West <sinister.hama at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I've got a few family members across the country who have broadband they
> are not using for more than email and social. I wanted to go about setting
> up a relay at each house can can be run with minimum amount of power and
> attention. I was considering something like RaspPi or Compute Stick.
>
> Main questions (1) anyone else use these or something similar? (2)
> recommend of strong alternatives suggested? (3) is there something smaller,
> lighter and cheaper that will do the job? (*) did I maybe miss something
> obvious that needs attention?
>
> Thank you.

Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether