[tor-relays] Middle Relay changed to Exit Relay Bandwidth Change

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:31:09 UTC 2016

It's very normal for exit relays to pick up *much *more traffic than middle
or guard. Because exit relays have to deal with the abuse complaints of Tor
users, there are much fewer exit relays than middle and guard:
http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/relayflags.html

Even though there is plenty of bandwidth in the Tor network (
http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/bandwidth-flags.html), the sheer amount of
exit vs non-exit relays causes exit relays to have much more traffic.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:23 PM, tmbates12 <tmbates12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I enable exits on my relay and traffic seemed to jump very high
> compared to the almost stagnant bandwidth increase wen it was just running
> as a guard middle relay. I was wondering if this was normal for the traffic
> to jump this much.
>  Here's the Atlas link for my relay: https://atlas.
> torproject.org/#details/ABF5C38A93F2D7E77A226871AB0ADB052279B48F

Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether