[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata or no IPS at all

oconor at email.cz oconor at email.cz
Thu Oct 6 15:09:07 UTC 2016

You can't access suricata directly?

---------- Původní zpráva ----------

Od: Tristan <supersluether at gmail.com>

Komu: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

Datum: 6. 10. 2016 17:02:19

Předmět: Re: [tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or
Suricata or no IPS at all

"

I may have just found a bigger problem: I can't access the Suricata rulesets
from my exit node. The website replies with "Error code 15, This request was
blocked by the security rules." When I try to wget the ruleset from my exit
node, I get error 403 forbidden.

Even if Suricata ships with some basic rulesets, it looks like I wouldn't be
able to update them, because they block Tor exit nodes. Any ideas how to get
around that?

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:57 AM, <oconor at email.cz(mailto:oconor at email.cz)>