[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

Ralph Seichter tor-relays-ml at horus-it.de
Thu Oct 6 13:39:02 UTC 2016

On 06.10.16 14:45, oconor at email.cz wrote:

> It's apparent, that you're definitely not going to solve that ...
> you're more into searching reasons why not to do that, than possibility
> how to do that :)

It is not my job to solve "that", whatever that is exactly. ;-)

> (btw you haven't mentioned you IPS experiences)

I was not aware that you had asked me about my IPS experiences. I have
used various tools as the Internet evolved (and I was in the "computer
business" before the Internet even existed, by the way). Discussing IPS
would be something for a different mailing list.

> the only thing I say as an ISP is, that if this is not going to
> change, we're going to ban tor in our network.

I respect your position, and I think that I can understand the point of
view of internet service providers. My personal take is that I rent many
servers (as do my customers), with only a small number of Tor exits,
and overall I am still generating enough profit for service providers.
My Tor exits are a fly in the ointment.

-Ralph