[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

Markus Koch niftybunny at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:44:01 UTC 2016

No, you are not. Its not that simple as "just find a ISP"

The Tor network is made up of volunteers, so you need a:

1. ISP with more than laughable traffic limits
2. Tor friendly
3. Cheap
4. and with traffic connections that the Tor network likes

Thats not easy. OVH (the biggest in Tor) is pissed off, Online.net
does kick exits faster than you can "freedom of speech" , Hetzner
hosts you and will bet on your first police raid.Its a complete mess.

Do not tell me about the good/bad isp wiki. these are old data and I
personally burned 2 ISPs there because of abuse mails. Btw, my only
open ports were/are http and https...