[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

Markus Koch niftybunny at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:56:19 UTC 2016

Different viewpoint:

I pay $5 + Taxes (WTF?) for an droplet with DigitalOcean
I pay $7,5 for a VPS with Hostwinds

Someone has to get the abuse mail, check where to send them and then
make this issue as solved. From an economic standpoint this is a
shitty idea. I cost them more than I pay. Even if we exclude the
trouble with blocked IP ranges and the other stuff.

Markus

PS: Yes, the Tor wiki says: Get your own IP with your own data so the
ISP is not involved.  That's easier said than done.