[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

Markus Koch niftybunny at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:16:56 UTC 2016

Sounds great, but the reality is many sites will not block Tor traffic
but will send (automated) abuse mails over and over and over again.
Had this with a bank in South Korea who sent weekly abuse mails with
"we will sue you in the USA, we will sue you in South Kora and we will
never ending suing you all over the world" besides my e-mail to
multiple bank e-mail accounts how to block Tor traffic from reaching
the banks website.

For whatever reason they dont block Tor traffic and thats their right.

And the ISP gets abuse mails with the content "We sue you
motherfucker" and gets mad. I completely understand that. Its easier
to send out automated abuse mails and tell my boss "look, 1000 abuse
mails, I am protected this website like Godzilla". Looks good on every
weekly work report. Numbers count.

Markus