[tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Tue Oct 4 15:42:08 UTC 2016

Am 04.10.2016 um 16:48 schrieb krishna e bera:
> On 04/10/16 08:48 AM, pa011 wrote:
>> One of my main ISP is going mad with the number of abuses he gets from my Exits (currently most on port 80).
>> He asks me to install "Intrusion Prevention System Software" or shutting down the servers.
>
> You can first ask him for a copy of the complaints in order to
> understand what sort of alleged abuses are taking place.  Are the
> complaints about spam or scraping or web server exploits or something else?

I do get a copy of every complaint - they are unfortunately:

- Http browser intrucion  - /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log:soldierx.com:80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [30/Sep/2016:11:14:34 -0400] "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" 302 192 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201Firefox/2.0.0.12"

- invalid VAT number requests

-recorded connection attempt(s) from your hosts to our honeypots

- Issue: Source has attempted the following botnet activity: Semalt Referrer 	Spam Tor Exit Bot

- botnet drone|Description: Ramnit botnet victim connection to sinkhole details,

- attackers used the method/service: *imap*

> You can change your exit policy to reduce likelihood of complaints:
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node

I know, but I hardly like to block port 80