[tor-relays] Question about relay speed + quick question about IPV6

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:34:05 UTC 2016

> On 2 Oct 2016, at 17:17, Sheesh <sheesh at ip-static.eu> wrote:
>
> Thanks for everybody's input. I decided to move the relay keys to the
> new server but I'm not entirely sure if I start another slow (500KB/s)
> one or just seed some Linux distros or do something else helpful.
>
> Also I do have a question about IPv6:
> If I read right I just have to add
> ORPort [IPv6]:Port
> DirPort [IPv6]:Port

You only need the ORPort, the IPv6 DirPort isn't needed any more.
(It was used by a few of the 0.2.8 alpha series, but removed before the
stable release.)

> is this correct?
> Can I specify the same ports I use for IPv4 (443 and 80)?

Yes, this should work on most OSs, if it doesn't, please file a bug.

> Also since I have a couple of IPv6 available but a non-exit relay is it
> still necessary to set OutboundBindAddress?

OutboundBindAddress can be used twice, once with an IPv4 address and once
with an IPv6 address. Outbound traffic on a non-exit relay is all IPv4,
and it will use the routing table if you don't use OutboundBindAddress.

Unless you have multiple IPv4 addresses, it won't make any difference.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org