[tor-relays] Question about relay speed

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Oct 2 21:49:29 UTC 2016

On 10/3/2016 12:00 AM, Green Dream wrote:
> You could also turn the old relay into a bridge. I've read that low
> bandwidth machines are often better serving the network as bridges,
> although I don't know what the cutoff value for "low bandwidth" is in
> this case.

I recommend, if you decide to setup a bridge (which is very useful) make
sure you include the latest pluggable transport and better make the new
server with a fresh IP address a bridge, one which was never a Tor
relay, because turning the older relay into a bridge might not be so
effective -- the IP could be blacklisted due to be known as a Tor relay
(part of the public consensus) and be impossible to reach by users
behind restrictive firewalls / censored internet.