[tor-relays] is it possible to relay using ipv6?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:32:31 UTC 2016

> On 28 Nov. 2016, at 10:01, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> All this new fancy ISPs that have FTTH and
>>>   give you 500 MBit/s symmetric internet access have Carrier grade
>>>   NAT because they were late to the Party and don't get IPv4 from
>>>   the LIRs.
>>>   You can't run there a relay because of the stupid you need a
>>>   public accessible IPv4 address shit.
>
> You can run a high-bandwidth IPv6-only bridge relay.
> This really helps censored users on IPv6-only networks (or on networks
> where IPv6 is less filtered).

I'm sorry, I was wrong, IPv6-only bridge relays don't work for clients:

I'd happily review a patch for this issue.

And just as happily review a chutney integration test for an IPv6-only
bridge, to make sure we don't re-introduce the bug.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org