[tor-relays] Assigning new IP adrees to current relay

Sec INT sec.int9 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:31:39 UTC 2016

Hi

I have more than one ip address in a server - I want to assign a new ip to a current relay that I am running. The new ip is correctly setup on my ubuntu server so i know thats ok

In order to make the relay use the new ip I added
Address <New IP Address> to the torrc file and restarted tor
- this did seem to work and tor detectedthe new address and started to use it but then I got a number of warnings like
'Remote server sent bogus reason code'

The relay does seem to be working but with these errors im not sure - is the method above how you should assign a particular IP address to a Tor relay?

Thanks for any advice

Snap