[tor-relays] is it possible to relay using ipv6?

Ralph Seichter tor-relays-ml at horus-it.de
Mon Nov 21 15:26:32 UTC 2016

On 21.11.2016 14:39, Tristan wrote:

> IPV6 isn't backwards compatible, so literally every hop, skip, and
> jump on the Internet would need to be upgraded to support it. Many ISPs
> find it much easier and cheaper to just re-use the older IPV4 addresses.

IPv4 addresses are running out, and using IPv6 is not rocket science.
The more customers actively ask for it, the more ISPs will comply. Mine
certainly does, and I even choose ADSL routers accordingly. I configure
all computers that are capable for IPv6, both servers and clients.

My Tor nodes are IPv6 capable, so if the Tor authors find a way to run
Tor over IPv6, I will be happy to help with testing things. The necessary
ports are already reachable.

-Ralph