[tor-relays] Questions regarding arm on Debian

diffusae punasipuli at t-online.de
Sun Nov 13 15:14:10 UTC 2016

Hi!

On 13.11.2016 03:00, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> So you shouldn't be needing to add any lines to your /etc/tor/torrc
> file.

Right, that what I've meant before.

> I believe that the Tor deb, including the one intended for jessie,
> should work with systemd well:
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/debian/tor.git/tree/debian/changelog?id=debian-tor-0.2.8.9-1
> Am I mistaken?

Yes, it works well with systemd. The only "problem" I've recognized is,
that systemd starts tor with the --RunAsDaemon 0 option. The default
setting in /usr/share/tor/tor-service-defaults-torrc is "RunAsDaemon 1".
If you use arm, it will be shown, that you are not using the defaults.
Also if you set this to 1 in /etc/tor/torrc, it will be started with 0.
This settings will be ignored.

Regards,