[tor-relays] Questions regarding arm on Debian

Dennis Christ lists at ollic.de
Sat Nov 12 11:40:53 UTC 2016

Yes that is what i tried to do. But it does not work in my case.

$ arm
[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/tor/control_auth_cookie'

Even if my user is in the group debian-tor the user has no right to
access /var/lib/tor.

$ ls -l /var/lib | grep tor
drwx--S--- 4 debian-tor    debian-tor    4096 Nov 12 12:38 tor