[tor-relays] Tor relay balks with "router_pick_published_address(): Success: chose address x.x.x.x"

Tobias Sachs tobias at tobiassachs.de
Tue Nov 8 22:00:55 UTC 2016

Hey,

my Tor relay
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/B567E8E39641F61091C1F2CAAAF73D3D1BF9CFE1
balks with the following message which is repeated in the log with the
"info" logging level up to 23251 times at the exact same millisecond.
The relay responds at :9030/tor/server/authority with a 503 error.

router_pick_published_address(): Success: chose address 'x.x.x.x'

This is a counting from the log with the corresponding timestamp.

Nov 01 18:37:13.000 - 23251
Nov 01 18:37:22.000 - 59
Nov 01 18:38:17.000 - 23195
Nov 01 18:38:22.000 - 57
Nov 01 19:19:22.000 - 50
Nov 01 19:19:23.000 - 312
Nov 01 19:19:24.000 - 333
Nov 01 19:19:25.000 - 74
Nov 01 19:20:22.000 - 52
Nov 01 19:38:17.000 - 23207
Nov 01 20:38:17.000 - 23232

140 times exactly 49 repeats in around 2 hours.

Interesting is that there is no error about this 503 error in the log
only my monitoring is aware of the issue.

I hope you coul'd help me out with this issue.

Best Regards

Tobias