[tor-relays] Interrogated by Finnish police for alleged idendity crimes, fraud and attempts of fraud

Juuso Lapinlampi wub at partyvan.eu
Tue Nov 8 15:00:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 10:22:39AM +0100, Volker Mink wrote:
> When reading this i am glad i live in germany.
> We still have some laws which protect operators of TOR-Exits :)
>
> https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__5.html
>
> https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__8.html
>
> https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/tmg/__15.html
>
> (perhaps try to translate them with google)

I did not look these up, but I can assume you are talking about limited
liability for Tor relay operators and other service providers.

Those laws are set on European Union level I think, which all country
members of EU must set in law. In Finland, that is
"Tietoyhteiskuntakaari 7.11.2014/917, 182 ยง Vastuuvapaus tiedonsiirto-
ja verkkoyhteyspalveluissa".

Similar limited liability clauses can be found in the United States law.