[tor-relays] Drop in consensus weight

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:12:01 UTC 2016

> On 8 Nov. 2016, at 22:52, r1610091651 <r1610091651 at telenet.be> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> The consensus weight of the relay I'm running drop recently (5th of nov) to almost half of previous value. To my knowledge there was no changes on my end.
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/36EE8D47E570B8D5515460A9972F3CFD9EDFDFCE

If you look at the 1 month graph, this does not seem to be unusual for your
relay.

> Is there a way to identify the cause of this drop?

The bandwidth authorities measured your relay as being able to handle
approximately 2490 KByte/s. (High 4370, Low 1410, Median 2490.)

(large page)
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health-2016-11-08-11-00.html#36EE8D47E570B8D5515460A9972F3CFD9EDFDFCE

Your relay's observed bandwidth is also 2.39 MByte/s (hover over the
bandwidth heading in atlas for these details), so its consensus weight
will be limited to approximately ~2447 (KByte/s) anyway.

If you want to increase these measurements, try increasing the BandwidthRate
and BandwidthBurst in your relay's torrc, and waiting a week.

> Is there anyone else in same situation?

The system is functioning as designed: your relay's observed maximum
bandwidth is almost identical to the bandwidth measured by the bandwidth
authorities.

If you want to fix this, add more bandwidth.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org