[tor-relays] [Fwd: Re: I'm Running A Tor Exit But Never Initiated It]

Percy Blakeney di99in5 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:20:45 UTC 2016

My very first bootable flashdrive was created using pendrivelinux universal
usb installer.  That was early September 2015 and it was Ubuntu 14.04.
Then once the OS was installed that's when weird things started to happen
which forced me to take the Dell desktop to one place and my Acer laptop
(along with the flashdrive) to another repair place and instead of
repairing both Android Moto G phones I bought two new Moto E next
generation phones.  I'm assuming that whomever or whatever partitioned both
HDDs and caused visible trouble within my network thought I would leave
well enough alone and go back to our typical internet user lives.  I
couldn't though.  I had and still have a drive in me to find out how that
was done, why it was done and who did it.  Instead of it scaring me it
intrigued me.  Soon after I found myself going down a rabbit hole.

To date I have 11 different flashdrives with 11 different operating systems
on them.  In addition to the flashdrives I also made 6 different bootable
dvds with 6 different operating systems on them.  With ALL my ISOs, I did
everything by the book and never had an issue with any of them.  First I
made sure I was downloading my ISO ONLY from the official website.  Second
I ALWAYS made sure my checksums were exact.  I never took my own path while
following directions.  I wanted to do everything with textbook accuracy. My
signatures always checked out.

I have Tails.  Everything was fine with Tails up until the last I tried to
run it, December 28, 2015.  (I date everything by the way) It kept crashing
and telling me I didn't have a complete installation.  It was up to date
with, like I said, good signatures but it went weird and eventually just
produced a black screen so I disregarded it and moved onto other stuff.

No.  The only router/modem I have is the Xfinity Arris router/modem combo.
I'm on my third replacement.  After I got the one I'm using now and noticed
the same weird stuff happening I just gave up the fight with Comcast.  When
I inquire about buying my own I'm told I'm not permitted, contrary to what
their site states.  When I inquire about changing ISPs I get told by each
one (FIOS, Hughesnet, etc) that they don't provide service in my area which
is strange considering the guy next to me uses FIOS.

Of course I've tried sudo apt-get update, upgrade and everything else under
the sun.  This is what I get as of a few minutes ago:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily
unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another
process using it?

ps -e | grep ssh
 2123 ?        00:00:00 ssh-agent

cut -d: -f1 /etc/passwd
root
daemon
bin
sys
sync
games
man
lp
mail
news
uucp
proxy
www-data
backup
list
irc
gnats
nobody
libuuid
syslog
messagebus
usbmux
dnsmasq
avahi-autoipd
kernoops
avahi
pulse
colord
hplip
mdm
rtkit
saned
speech-dispatcher
jadeharley (ME)
mysql
debian-tor

tor --list-fingerprint
May 31 17:16:16.238 [notice] Tor v0.2.4.27 (git-412e3f7dc9c6c01a) running
on Linux with Libevent 2.0.21-stable and OpenSSL 1.0.1f.
May 31 17:16:16.238 [notice] Tor can't help you if you use it wrong! Learn
how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning
May 31 17:16:16.251 [notice] Read configuration file "/etc/tor/torrc".
May 31 17:16:16.257 [err] Clients don't have long-term identity keys.
Exiting.