[tor-relays] [Fwd: Re: I'm Running A Tor Exit But Never Initiated It]

Gumby info at gumbyzee.torzone.net
Tue May 31 18:12:45 UTC 2016

I am a tech, a good one, who also runs 2 relays from my shop. I have
found in client PC's many hidden things - such as proxys running for
malware delivery. They were totally unaware except for slow and losing
disk space. (Finding Tor running is a bit too extreme) I've also had two
clients that were "absolutely" sure that someone was out to get them -
cyber-stalking in their eyes. I actually did all of the suggestions made
prior - new drive, reset or new router, even walked the home and
perimeter looking for connections. I was positive of my security (30
years doing this) but they were calm for less than 4 weeks then started
again. Their spouses, to their credit, stayed quiet and just rolled
their eyes.
Could a malicious technician do this? Hell yeah - most of us could do it
dozens of times and they'd never know. We have too much moral decency,
but.... others don't.
More than likely, it is a scenario as christian states .... too much
overload somewhere.
    Or a troll, we hope not.

Me