[tor-relays] I'm Running A Tor Exit Node And NEVER Initiated It

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun May 29 23:11:46 UTC 2016

On 05/29/2016 04:23 PM, Percy Blakeney wrote:
> I did just that.  TWICE.  I now have a total of 5 phones, 3 laptops, 2
> desktops 2 printers, and I'm now on my third router/modem.  Whomever,
> whatever this is knows how to get into the firmware.  I know this sounds
> crazy but it's true. I'd give anything for someone to come here and see for
> themselves.

Well, this is rather off-topic for this list. But whatever you're
dealing with, it must be getting in somehow. Three possibilities come to
mind: 1) infected files; 2) network exploits; and 3) physical access.
Rich document formats may carry malware. Perhaps your ISP has been
compromised. I've read that drug gangs have infiltrated some Mexican
ISPs, for example. Maybe someone is black-bagging you.

First review your physical security. Create a safe work area, with a
good digital lock, and hidden security cameras.

Maybe start with an offline machine. Pick a random large city, drive
there, and buy a laptop with cash. Don't reveal your identity. If you
must go online, buy a separate WiFi dongle, and disable onboard WiFi.
Then only use public WiFi, but never anywhere near where you live.

But again, this is off-topic here. If you want to talk more, email me
off-list.