[tor-relays] I'm Running A Tor Exit Node And NEVER Initiated It

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun May 29 19:53:08 UTC 2016

On 05/29/2016 10:27 AM, Percy Blakeney wrote:
> Whomever is and has been behind this is selective with what I can and can't
> see.  I KNOW our electronics are and have been controlled since we moved
> here January 2014.  I know this because at one time "they" were interacting
> with me on via my desktop.  I was asked if "they" could run a d-bus session
> on another computer I have connected.  Not knowing what a d-bus session was
> "they" gave me a step by step run down on how to do it.  I did what "they"
> asked because it was kind of exciting.  Now in retrospect it's more scary
> than anything else. ...

Given what you've said, you might want to replace all of your
electronics. The router, and all computers and other devices that have
been connected to it, through wires or WiFi. Maybe also change ISP.

That may seem extreme. For computers, it might be sufficient to replace
HDDs/SSDs. But smartphones, you should just replace entirely. The
concern is that malware can be hidden in other components, not just in
HDDs/SSDs.

Also, be very careful about transferring files from old machines. If you
must, transfer individual files, not entire folders. Ideally, you would
scan each file for malware in an intermediate throwaway machine, running
a different OS. Maybe OSX, if your other machines are Windows and Linux.
Or Windows, if your other machines are OSX and Linux. You can use USB
flash drives. But use a given one only for a given pair of machines, to
reduce the risk of transferring malware.

<SNIP>