[tor-relays] I'm Running A Tor Exit Node And NEVER Initiated It

Ana Lucia Cortez tormaster at urown.net
Sun May 29 15:55:34 UTC 2016

On 29.05.2016 at 17:28, Percy Blakeney wrote:
> Like I stated a few minutes ago, I am and have been running Tor from my
> location yet I have nothing to do with it.  I have been sitting on this
> for a while.  Before anyone comes down on me for it, you have to
> understand what I've been going through with my network.  Tor is only
> the tip of the iceberg.

Its not an Exit. So nobody will likely come down on you about it.

> EntryGuard Jans 50586E25BE067FD1F739998550EDDCB1A14CA5B2 DirCache
> EntryGuardAddedBy 50586E25BE067FD1F739998550EDDCB1A14CA5B2  0.2.4.27
> 2016-04-28 16:16:20

That long number is the fingerprint unique to every node. With this you
can see more about it here:
https://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/50586E25BE067FD1F739998550EDDCB1A14CA5B2

Apparently its running since August, 4 2015, 2 AM. Since nearly a year.

Its not clear to me what kind of help do you want.

Do you want to stop running the Tor node?
What Linux distro and version are you running?

Is this iceberg a server you own? Why don't you have root/admin access
then? Who set it up?
Maybe just power the machine down?

Greetings from Zurich

Ana