[tor-relays] Fwd: Enable relay as trusted directory & entry guard

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:26:20 UTC 2016

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Austin Holiday <aholiday at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Enable relay as trusted directory & entry guard
> Date: 25 May 2016 at 23:24:42 GMT-3
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the extra capacity/bandwidth would like to upgrade my relay to an entry node and directory server:
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/1523C502A9754B6B42CCA5EB402A833CFF0E402D
>
> Is there anything I need to do?

Hi,

This question is best answered on the tor-relays list, I've cc'd the reply there.

Your relay may be recommended as a "Guard" (entry node) by the directory authorities if it has enough stability and bandwidth over time. For more information, please read: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay

Your relay is already a directory mirror, because you have configured a DirPort.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B