[tor-relays] Monitoring multiple relays

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:13:04 UTC 2016

I use a third-party monitoring service to monitor the Dir and OR ports of
all my relays. It's especially useful now that Tor Weather isn't
maintained. The service constantly checks for a response from both ports,
using several monitoring endpoints around the world, and notifies me of any
downtime. It also has a nice feature where I can look for a specific
response from the Dir port (i.e, parse
http://relay1.example.com/tor/server/authority and look for the
fingerprint).

https://www.statuscake.com/ (the free tier is sufficient for this use case)

I don't know of an easy way to aggregate the Tor stats in one place, but
over time I've realized those stats don't matter too much anyway. :) As
long as the nodes are running well and providing service I don't really
need to know how many circuits or the bandwidth at any given moment.