[tor-relays] British Airways website blocking non exit relays IPs?

Random Tor Node Operator tor at unterderbruecke.de
Fri May 20 11:28:03 UTC 2016

On 05/20/2016 01:18 PM, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> I haven't been able to access BA website from home for the last few weeks.
>
> I have failed to get any other answer on the phone that to try using
> Internet Explorer or to wait for things to maybe get fixed. Twitter
> support was not more helpful.
>
> I am now wondering is this is because I run a (non exit) relay. Can
> anyone confirm if they also have the problem?
> http://ba.com/

I can confirm this.

From my home IP:

$ curl http://ba.com
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
href="http://www.britishairways.com/">here</a>.</p>

From one of my relays (non-exit):

$ curl http://ba.com
URL was rejected.
Please contact our support team on
Telephone: (+44) 0344 493 0787 option 3
(calls charged at local rate within the UK)
Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time.
Please quote support ID  13240401227566764688