[tor-relays] Tor Stats

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sun May 15 11:29:46 UTC 2016

On 05/15/2016 01:14 PM, Dr Gerard Bulger wrote:
> for 30 mins as checking if there are any errors.  Which leads to another
> question.  Is /etc/tor/torrc read on the fly?  That is editing torrc will
> change the server on writing the file, or does it need tor restart with each
> edit.  I had assumed the latter.

You need to "reload" the Tor process, send it a SIGHUP signal, to make
it reread the configuration. Some configuration options are only picked
up on restart. No changes are picked up "on the fly".

> Is this just me and something wrong with torrc ?   or a more general
> problem?

You can post the log with "notice" enabled, and also post the
fingerprint if you want more feedback.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/