[tor-relays] Tor authorities blocked by Cisco Senderbase

Zwiebel zwiebel at kawo2.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 12 21:47:21 UTC 2016

Hello,
I operate three Tor relays on my university's network. All http traffic on
that network goes through a transparent proxy which uses the Cisco Senderbase
blacklist. I've recently noticed log messages that my relays can't connect to
some Tor authorities. Seems like Cisco blacklists the following authorities
for serving malware: dizum, tor26, maatuska, urras

I've contacted them about this via [1] and explained that these hosts are
most likely not malicious and got a replay via e-mail saying that they will
remain blacklisted.

- Zwiebel

[1] http://www.senderbase.org/support/#problem=other