[tor-relays] Problems with firewall rules

Petrusko petrusko at riseup.net
Mon May 9 06:39:47 UTC 2016

Hey,

As said Moritz, you can verify the ORPort you set up in the torrc config
file, is opened in your router config, and forwarded to your Tor server
internal LAN IP.

+ When you start Tor service in your Debian, you will have some logs to
verify if it's ok, and may be the problem will be showned :
tail -f /var/log/tor/notices.log
--> ctrl-c to terminate the live log view.
--> if in your /etc/tor/torrc file, the logs are set up to :
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log

+ Verify in the torrc file, may be your previous WAN IP has stay :
Address noname.example.com (your previous WAN IP address)
--> you can comment this with #, it's usually automatically working nice.
to:
#Address noname.example.com

Hope this helps.