[tor-relays] 84 exits (growing..) (was: 68 new exits)

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Sun May 8 13:52:50 UTC 2016

On Sun, 8 May 2016 14:43:42 +0100
mick <mbm at rlogin.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2016 02:46:42 +0500
> Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.net> allegedly wrote:
> >
> > (That said, yeah, as others have replied DO TOS only restricts
> > "grandfathered" accounts in this regard.)
>
> Again, not so. I have a grandfathered account. DO have never had a
> problem with my Tor node (or my other high traffic VMs).

You cannot argue that DO TOS doesn't have that restriction because it does,
however I never said they actually enforce it, at least currently.

My guess is when they implement bandwidth metering (yes the worst-kept
"secret" about DO is that ALL their VMs are bandwidth unmetered at the
moment), that's when they will start looking at grandfathered accounts abusing
their remaining unmetered status and stripping them off it if any abuse found.

--
With respect,
Roman