[tor-relays] Port knocking for SSH on a Tor node

Diarmaid McManus diarmaidmcmanus at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:10:56 UTC 2016

I agree there have not been any updates, but if you look at the issues list
it doesn't seem there are any breaking bugs that would require a patch.

Regular port knocking is certainly an improvement over nothing, but it's
vulnerable to an attacker in some conditions as mentioned in the readme. So
long as you're aware of the (minimal!) pitfalls I'm happy! :)
On 3 May 2016 3:47 PM, "Cristian Consonni" <kikkocristian at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would no longer recommend port knocking using a static port sequence.
> Instead, I'd recommend knockknock by moxie,
> https://github.com/moxie0/knockknock/blob/master/README

I have discovered knockknock project just little before finishing the
post and I really liked the reasoning behind the project, I will try
it. However I was almost done with writing the post and I though it
could be useful nonetheless because you do not need any additional
software to set it up.

One thing concerns me is that it seems that knockknock is unmaintained
at the moment (no commits since 3.5 years).

Cristian