[tor-relays] Port knocking for SSH on a Tor node

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:58:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am putting together a blog post with tips and tools for
administrating a node and then I have discovered the technique of
"port knocking".

I decided to experiment with it and I have created a guide that puts
it together with the default configuration for iptables by
torservers/moba[1a][1b].

I have searched on this list and the topic of port knocking has been
discussed very rarely (last discussions in late 2014).

This is the guide I have writen:
https://balist.es/blog/2016/05/03/configure-port-knocking-for-a-tor-node/

I would like to receive some feedback and I hope this can be useful
for other operators.

Cristian

[1a]: https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server
[1b]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/torservers/server-config-templates/master/iptables.test.rules