[tor-relays] please send me the hosters you use

harvie josh harvie.josh at inbox.ru
Sat Mar 19 13:55:39 UTC 2016

 Hello!

I'm spending quite some time in finding new cost-efficient VPS hoster in "unpopular" countries (non-exit).

The relay community would actually have a lot information to provide in that regard - I think.

I would really appreciate if you can share any hoster that provides VPSes with the following properties:

* cost efficiency: at least 4 MBit/s per $ / month (min 20MBit/s)
* not located in NL, FR, DE, US, GB, AS16276, Digital Ocean ASes
* KVM or Xen based (no OpenVZ)
* unmetered or at least 7TB/month outbound
* proper https for customer area (reboot functionality, console access, ...)
* English customer area

You can also help by adding hoster information to your contactinfo field:
    ISP:<url to hoster>
so others can find that (sometimes it isn't easy to find the hoster based on IP/AS information).

So far I made good experience with
itldc.com
    + price
    + reliable
    + SSH pub key pre-polulated in VPS
    + custom ISO possible
    + greate CPU performance in UA DC
    - plaintext root password in email

mixed experience with
seflow.it
    - almost regular outages
    - poor support (response time and know-how)
    - unable to provide correct billing information for hourly billed VPSes (start-stop times)
    ~ CPU performance
    + price (especially memory)
    + root password not disclosed via plaintext email

unusable hoster
-----------------------

alexhost.md
    Unreliable; to many outages

serverastra.com
    no https

coolhousing.net
    no https

server.ua
    no https

prohoster.info
    OVH reseller

layeronline.com
    OVH reseller

vmline.pl
    polish interface only

unixhost.pro
    poor CPU/network performance (<15MBit/s)

www.hosteasy.eu
    passport copy required

ablenet.jp
    passport copy required

albahost.net
    simply failed to provide working VPS

vinahost.vn
    international traffic limited to 10MBit/s

www.infiumhost.com
    no proper https (self-signed cert)

alphavps.bg
    metered <1TB/month

xserver.ua
    customer area language

vps.ua
    customer area language

Rx-name.ua
    no reaction to email request

If you can not suggest specific hoster but good sites to find new hoster that is also great, like:

https://www.exoticvps.com/
https://www.lowendtalk.com/
https://www.webhostingtalk.com

--